Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tattoo gun problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slips

I have a tatto gun and when i use it i am getting electric shoks from it any ideas , the gun plugs into a dc power supply and then to the mains

My guess is that the DC power supply is an SMPS so will have a Y2 capacitor which will leak a small current to the secondary side which is probably connected to the tattoo gun's metal frame.

This is bad design, a low leakage supply should be used, a tattoo gun is like a medical device and should have similar safeguards built-in to the design.

The tattoo guns I have seen had a diode across the coil to kill the back emf, just like on a relay coil... Try putting a 1n4007 across the terminals...

0v ------¦>----- +V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back