Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tapped inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifahaywire

i'm interested to know how to design a tapped inductor for the buck design. i see that one way is the diode-tapped.

the thing i was wondering is how it works and how do i implement it using an E core.

is it going to be something like a center tapped transformer?
A tapped inductor is basically also a transformer. The difference is the inductance of the inductor is used as part of the circuit operation where the inductance of an AC transformer only affects the magnetizing current and is otherwise ignored.

Here is a series of transformers that I have often used. You can make many types of tapped transformers with these.

Attachments

• sho.pdf
    379.8 KB · Views: 315
Here is a series of transformers that I have often used. You can make many types of tapped transformers with these.
Those look really handy. Looks like they could be used for all types of coupled inductor, flyback, or DC-DC converter applications and avoid having to wind your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back