Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tantalum capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffro248

I atempting to repair an automotive ECU and need some info on one capacitor in there. There are the numbers

476m
+10k

How many farads and how many volts is this?

thanks in advance!!

On small capacitors there tends to be a 3-digit code. In your case, it is 476. The first two digits are the value, and the third digit is the multiplier. The final value is in picofarads.

In order to determine the capacitance, simply multiply 47 times ten to the 6th power. Then convert from pico to (usually with these capacitors) micro or nano.

The 10 will likely be your voltage rating. I would think the "m" after the 476 is the tolerance. If I remember correctly, "m" means 20%, meaning it could be 20% above or below the given capacitance value.

Hope this helps!
Matt

this is formula to find out F = C/V,
Would you care to explain what the symbols mean, and how this short statement of yours contributes anything to this thread?
JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back