Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Talking To a Keyboard Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry2005

Goal: To have a single push-button (SPST) replicate multi-task keyboard functions. Example: I press a single PB, which tells the keyboard controller that I have (in likeness) pressed CTRL+SHITF+F2, in that particular order. The project: I need to duplicate specific keyboard actions (loops) with single push-buttons, and these actions must include the dealys that would occur from the keyboard. The concept, of course, is sending the correct sequence of HEX control codes to the clocked DATA line.

Thanks in advance for any help...
Garry (garry@jetcoder.com)

Garry2005 said:
Goal: To have a single push-button (SPST) replicate multi-task keyboard functions. Example: I press a single PB, which tells the keyboard controller that I have (in likeness) pressed CTRL+SHITF+F2, in that particular order. The project: I need to duplicate specific keyboard actions (loops) with single push-buttons, and these actions must include the dealys that would occur from the keyboard. The concept, of course, is sending the correct sequence of HEX control codes to the clocked DATA line.

I would suggest a PIC (or other micro-controller) is by far your best solution - search the net for details of the codes sent by PC keyboads (not ASCII), and duplicate them in a PIC.

Thanks for the advice...I kinda was suspecting it would be the way to go. Well, it'll be a first for me; I've never touched a microcontroller.

Thanks for the links, too...seems like they'll be pretty helpful.

Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back