Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Talking Head Project Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigane

Can anyone help. I'm trying to design a program and PIC board to get a model head that I've made to have speech and synchronised eyebrow and lip movements. The chip I'm using is a PIC16f872 and I am completely new at this. Has anyone tried this before?????????

Talking Head

:) Cheers buddy. I has seen that and its not quite what I need for my programming but its certainly helpful.
Take it easy

Re: Talking Head

sigane said:
:) Cheers buddy. I has seen that and its not quite what I need for my programming but its certainly helpful.
Take it easy

It could be helpful as it uses an A2D to convert the audio to move the mouth - obviously using a more modern PIC with built-in A2D would be an advantage.

You might have a look at https://www.milinst.com who sell a servo controlled animated head (Alex), and an 'audio to movement' board (Autotalk).

:?
Hello again Nigel. The project is progressing, but I need to pick yr brains again. Do you know how I can design a cct to control a servo using PWM activated by a PIC16f872 incorporating a 555 timer? It needs to have A-D modulation.
I really am considering becoming a postman at the moment ha ha!

sigane said:
:?
Hello again Nigel. The project is progressing, but I need to pick yr brains again. Do you know how I can design a cct to control a servo using PWM activated by a PIC16f872 incorporating a 555 timer? It needs to have A-D modulation.
I really am considering becoming a postman at the moment ha ha!

I don't really understand the question?. Why would you want to use a 555?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back