Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Taking two readings from one sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris52

Hi Guys new here with a hopefully simple question.
I am fitting a second ECU to my car that controls ignition. My question is can I use the signal output from the Mass Airflow Meter (which is currently wired to the ECU for the fuel ) for the ignition as well or will this cause problems with one or the other.

Many thanks indeed for your help
Chris

Generally, no.

Some sensors have an output, such as a voltage, that can be taken to various ECUs. However most sensors are variable resistances so the ECU puts out current to the sensor and measures the voltage. If two ECUs like that are connected to one sensor, both will read the value incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back