Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Taking PIC/Arduino development to a sell-able product

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered how people take their (relatively) expensive PIC's and Arduinos into small scale sales in the electronics industry.

Any industry guru's want to share?

Thanks 3v0 for what was a very good and enjoyable read. Note the attitude as well as attention to detail.

Ron

I've always wondered how people take their (relatively) expensive PIC's and Arduinos into small scale sales in the electronics industry.

You don't take an Arduino into small scale sales, it's not a chip it's a development system - you simply take the cheap AVR it's based on (or a cheap PIC) and build the device round that.

We're currently waiting for 100 sample PCB's for the PIC based device I'm involved in designing and programming - when it goes in to production it will be manufactured by a third party - the guy in charge of it all has experience in small/medium scale manufacturing in that way.

Exactly as Nigel put it really, you build round your cheap PIC or AVR, i myself have a product in development that uses a 44pin TQFP PIC, they cost £1.79 each. Thats a tiny cost when you realise the potential the chip has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back