Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tail Light Sequencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ald

How can I modify the circuit to create a right turn signal (of course would mirror it for the left turn signal). Using only three LEDs.

To show the turning direction, by turning on three LEDs in sequence (no lights; inner light; inner two lights; all three lights; repeat).

There is also an emergency flasher mode, HAZARD, that requires all six lights, on; then all six lights off; repeat).

The inputs are to be implemented using push button switches and the outputs with LEDs. I would use two push buttons switches to select, LEFT or RIGHT turning and a third push button switch for the hazard light.

Attachments

• Led Sequencer.JPG
    Led Sequencer.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 249
I designed a Knight Rider Strobe some years ago. Would this be of use? It was based on a PIC microcontroller and drove normal (not high brightness) LEDs. Let me know and I will give you the code and schematic

colin; Thats neat! but the OP needs all lights to flash when HAZARD is on. I would use a micro. Is this for a car?

I did it many, many years ago using relay and diode logic for a golf cart, I was about 12 then. It all ran off 36 volts.
The big questoin at this time is what voltage the OP needs to run off. Maybe use CMOS?
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back