Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(tachometer) LM3914 Cascade Bar display with alarm flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

remko91

Hello everyone,

For my '85 Honda XR600R I'm trying to make a tachometer.
So far I have found quite some circuits for these purposes, but I could not find one that included the alarm-flasher function.

In order to convert the frequency of the pulse generator inside the engine into a voltage, I want to use a LM2907/LM2917 like this:
View attachment 68811
In red are the changes I want to make to adjust it to my motorcycle (max 8000 RPM).

My question is how to use 2 or 3 LM3914's cascaded in bar mode, with the alarm flasher function like shown below:
View attachment 68812
This is because the data sheet of the LM3914 only shows cascading for dot mode, and on this forum I couldn't find a bar mode cascade with the alarm function.

I hope you will be able to help me out,

Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back