Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tachometer electronics help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotech

Hello I'm new to the forum and I am really hoping that you can help me. I've asked this question on another site and was unable to get any kind of help. I have a tachometer that I am trying to repair but it is a little different that other types of tachometers. It doesn't take the normal +12v/Gnd/Signal. I've heard these boat tachometers work a little different than vehicle tachometers. If there is any information that you can give me I would greatly appreciate it. Here is a link to some photos of the tach.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20166103@N05/sets/72157606877440549/

Thank you for help in advance. I really can use any help that you can give.

Last edited:
Yep, bad link here to. First what is the mfg/model number of the tach that you have?

I edited the link above. It should work now. Thanks to the both of you for responding even though my link was bad. I was looking at the circuit board this morning and there are 3 actual inputs BUT only two are fuctional. If you see the picture there are three prongs I guess you can call them but two prongs actually are connected to the circuit. I don't think the tachometer is being grounded by the case like some older electronics are. So I don't think this tach uses the normal 12v/GNd/Sig. I spoke to the guy who asked me to look at this and he told me it only uses signal and ground. *shrug* I've never seen anything like that before. As far the mauf. of the tach it say: Sun Electric Corp. Chicago, ILL. I hope someone can give me some insight I'm completely stumped.
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back