Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

T Adapter - Electrical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi,

I'd like to take a signal from an Antenna, which is 698-746MHz matched, and split it into two:

1. One output will go through a filter of 698-746MHz

2. Second output will go through a filter of 824-894 MHz (I know I'll get here mismatch, would it be that bad?)

I don't wanna use a combiner because I don't wanna lose 3dB.

By using a T Adapter, and taking the fact that the two outputs operate in different bands, I won't lose any dB on the T adapter.

Is that correct? is it a good way of operation?

Will the following T-Adapter work?
https://www.pasternack.com/sma-female-male-female-tee-adapter-pe9182-p.aspx

Thank you very much

you may get insertion loss on both inputs because of the mismatched input due to line reflections and interaction. my guess is you're going to lose 3db either way (actually maybe more without the splitter). it's better to lose it in a predictable way using the splitter, than to have unpredictable losses due to interaction between the two non-isolated inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back