Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Symbols and their units (And what is X ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people ! Once again I need your brain-nourrishing feedback to understand something !

I cannot find on google what the X symbol means. Google will sort any multiplication sign there is in an equation even if I'd write "symbol X electronic SI". I think it'll be faster if I ask here, and also because I have an exam coming up and we haven't seen anything about X and the units of Z, and stuff.

So I'll simply post a screen capture of my pre-exam online test, you will see my 2 errors:

**broken link removed**

So both Z and X have the unit omega ?

My multiple choice answer was weird because it had W twice, and omega only once... I guess it was a trap.

edit: thank you by the way !

Last edited:
Z is impedance and X is reactance. The former is complex and is made up of the reactance (imaginary) and resistance (real) - all of which have units of ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back