Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sylvania 6620LCT LCD TV Powers up and shuts off quickly. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

6620LCTHELP

Hello everyone,
Im new to the site and I have some basic soldering and electrical knowledge. But my problems are with my 6620lct lcd tv. It turns on but about 5-10 seconds after it turns on it makes a faint static sound and shuts off. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the psu. But someone online told me that the transistor Q601 is over heating and for me to run a fan on it. Needless to say that didn't help or I wouldn't be seeking more knowledgeable help. But has anyone ever come across this problem or know of a solution? I have tried resoldering the Q601 transistor but to no avail the tv does the same thing. Please let me know if you have any insight or can help...Thank you so much.

Hello everyone,
Im new to the site and I have some basic soldering and electrical knowledge. But my problems are with my 6620lct lcd tv. It turns on but about 5-10 seconds after it turns on it makes a faint static sound and shuts off. I have pretty much narrowed it down to the psu. But someone online told me that the transistor Q601 is over heating and for me to run a fan on it. Needless to say that didn't help or I wouldn't be seeking more knowledgeable help. But has anyone ever come across this problem or know of a solution? I have tried resoldering the Q601 transistor but to no avail the tv does the same thing. Please let me know if you have any insight or can help...Thank you so much.

You should check for off value caps and resistors or broken transistors in the power supply.
Also check the caps to see if they are bad.

Bad caps would make the output voltage sag and then the psu would shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back