Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching power adjustable !

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaithanh

I want made a switching power with output volt adjust 0.5-12 v 10A,but i cant see any circuit diagram from google .Please give me an idea.

That's because you have to design it for yourself.

A good start is to research existing designs as a basis for your design.

Thanks !
I have some switching power , I understand principle of them but I want output volt adjustable. I think somebody can give me some idea !

You either vary the voltage referance or the feedback network. If you know how a switching regulator works then it sholudn't be hard to figure out.

And messing with the guts of a switcher might cause other problems that only switcher designers would know about.

I'd search for an IC switcher chip that offers variability; if none exists I'd say you're biting off more than most people can chew.

You might be able to do a switcher followed by a linear. 10A is not that much nowadays.

Last edited:
You might also try the National Semiconductor website to see whether a Simple Switcher can be adapted to your use. The need for a 0.5V output may be a problem. At least, you can try various combinations of input/output/current and get National's feedback on which of your requirements excludes any of its products. Here is the link: **broken link removed**

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back