Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching On/off 240v Via 26vdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickk1

Hi
First post my electronic no how is close to zero so can any one help.
I have a 240v feed which I need to switch via max 26vdc is there a way I can do this amps would be 20 A max?
Nick

If you use a SPDT (Single Port Double Throw) It would have five connecting points, VDC , GND , NO , NC and C. When you apply voltage across VDC and GND , NO and C points become short otherwise NC and C are short.

So if you connect your connect your device through C and NO, It will work when you apply VDC to your relay.

And remember, to be on the safe end connect an appropriate diode across VDC and GND to avoid Back EMF
**broken link removed**

What this is for is turning on and off a gas solanoid valve in a welder the valve is rated at 240v 50hz.Power going to the valve is 240v ac, I want to controle it i.e turn it on / trurn it off via the controle trigger in the tourch which gives out 26vdc this supply comes from a transformer. Sorry dont know what you mean by controle signal.
Nick

Last edited:
The 26V is the control signal, you mention it's DC, do you know what current it can provide?.

Presumably the 240V valve doesn't require a lot of current?, so you just need a 24V relay (24V is a standard voltage), and wire it as above.

The relay 'coil' is 24V DC, the switching contacts are rated for 240V AC.

A relay is essentially a mechanical switch (the contacts) moved by an electromagnet (the coil).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back