Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching Mosfet at 6VDC system

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

Hi..:)
I have a DC Fan 6V,2A and 6V Lead Acid Battery. I have a IRFZ44n at hand and want to use it to control the speed of the fan. As far as i know IRFZ44n required at lease 10V at gate am i correct. Any solution?

Regards
Masud.

DigiKey sells hundreds of more modern NFETs called "logic-level FET" that are fully-turned on for conduction with Vgs less than 5V.

Look at the table in the link above. You can filter it down to a shorter list as you add constraints for Vds, Ron, what type of package, how much you can pay, etc.

DigiKey sells hundreds of more modern NFETs called "logic-level FET" that are fully-turned on for conduction with Vgs less than 5V.

Look at the table in the link above. You can filter it down to a shorter list as you add constraints for Vds, Ron, what type of package, how much you can pay, etc.

Any other solution?:sorry: I was hoping something like "Go ahead it will work"...

Any other solution?:sorry: I was hoping something like "Go ahead it will work"...

Sure, raise the supply voltage. Use an SMPS or charge pump to raise the gate voltage, all of which will cost more than just buying a modern NFET.

It will work.
If he can get the full 6V to the gate, and if the NFet is on a good heatsink, it will work for a hobbyist. I wouldn't go into production with it...

It works. I tried P55NF06 and IRFZ44n both stays at room temperature. My Vgs was 6.4v. I made a simple 555 pwm generator, which is cool. just need to increase the freq above audible range.

Thanks Ronv and MikeMl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back