Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintan_jagani

In my design I have three tasks & there are three ICs.I reuire that during any of task one of the three ICs should be disabled upon my requirement. I have used three switches to select the task. I have given the o/p of the switch to the base of the transistor & applied VCC to collector & from collector given to VCC of the IC. Is this design O.K. or transistors would be connected in parallel(b/w VCC & gnd) and could cause a problem.

hi chintan,

The way you have described the switch and ic connection, suggests that you are switching the +V rail to 0v, if so, this is incorrect.

Can you please post a sketch of you switches and ic's so that we can advise.

EricG

chintan_jagani said:
In my design I have three tasks & there are three ICs.I reuire that during any of task one of the three ICs should be disabled upon my requirement. I have used three switches to select the task. I have given the o/p of the switch to the base of the transistor & applied VCC to collector & from collector given to VCC of the IC. Is this design O.K. or transistors would be connected in parallel(b/w VCC & gnd) and could cause a problem.
yes please post a schematic..

also what kind if IC you use? if they are logic ICs, it would be better to AND the outputs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back