Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching from PIC16F88 to PIC16F1828..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve311

Hello All; I am months deep in a project using a PIC16F88. I chose thie PIC due to its 6x6mm QFN package. However, I just found out the 6x6mm is sligthly too big for our package so I must choose a smaller PIC. I see the PIC16F1828 is available in a 4x4mm QFN package. I also like some of its other features as well...

My concern is I am tight on time and I want to make this transition go as smoothly as possible. I am an RF engineer and only works with PICs as a side hobby and only have less than 2 years of programming experience. Would anyone out there NOT recommend transitioning from a PIC16F88 to a 16F1818 for any reason? Is anyone fimiliar with?

Thanks in Advance
Steve311

Less GPIO pins, but seems to be unavailable for a few months yet from ppl like Newark. Are samples available or simulators?

Hi Guys; Thanks for your responses. Yeah the IO pin count is less. I only am using 2 analog inputs, and 2 digital outputs. Utilizing the ADC (and with the PIC16F1828, the DAC as well, and possibly the capacitive sensing module). Microchip says they have them in stock...but I should check again. That lead time from Newark would put my project at a standstill!

Any other recommendations for other chips just in case?

Thanks again
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back