Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching circuit using PIC and MIC5841

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiranp

Hi everyone!

This is a first time build for me, for a project that basically delivers smells using ceramic resistors as heaters and fans for flow.

There are 20 heaters and 19 fans in total.

I have tried to build a schematic in multisim but have run into a major problem (please see attachment for jpg and multisim file):

I have been told that using a PIC10 alone will not be sufficient to switch on the MIC's due to its lack of inputs but can be compatible with in circuit programming.
I have been recommended to use a PIC12 to have a dedicated program pins

Can someone suggest me an appropriate PIC12 and the way to wire it all up with the CA-42 and MIC's?
Few other things:
1. Are the pin configurations correct?
2. Unsure on which connections to use from the USB - serial Cable (CA-42)
[I think the Sin and Txd are wrong] can someone explain which pins do what.
3. Do i leave serial out pin on the last MIC?

Design is based on:
**broken link removed**

CA 42 : **broken link removed**

PIC10F200: MICROCHIP|PIC10F200-I/P|8BIT FLASH MCU, 10F200, DIP8 | Farnell United Kingdom

MIC5841YW: https://uk.farnell.com/micrel/mic5841ywm/latch-driver-8bit-ser-in-18soic/dp/1663128?Ntt=mic5841

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• Switching Circui&#116.zip
    597.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Switching circui&#116.jpg
    Switching circui&#116.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 548
I forgot to mention that the circuit will be required to either turn on and off a maximum of about 3 resistors and 4 fans at one time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back