Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching Circuit using Infrared

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutedy

I would like to build a switching circuit using an Infrared Remote Control.
When the Switch ON is TTL logic high and switch OFF is TTL logic low
Any good reference regarding this. Thanks

What kind of range are you looking for. What is the power source? Is speed important, or just on and off?

Speed is not important. . Range of distance is 0-5 meter. Power source is 5V DC from battery/computer USB port.

IR switch

Had some time so here is a switch.

Attachments

• xmit sim.PNG
    xmit sim.PNG
    52.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Rec..PNG
    Rec..PNG
    65.6 KB · Views: 234
  • rec sim.PNG
    rec sim.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 192
Thanks for your valuable input.
I would like to control house appliances with signal from microcontroller.The signal is sent to IR remote control. Any available schematic for IR remote?

I would just use a cheap universal remote and decode it on the other end with a PIC. My froend in Pakistan has a circuit for this. If that is what you want I will ask him to post it.

IR Decoder

Here is the schematic let me see if I can get the code. I think it was done for a sony remote. Is that ok?

Attachments

• Hamid's remote.PNG
    Hamid's remote.PNG
    71 KB · Views: 292
Cannot find schematic for sony remote. The schematic is only interface between sony remote and microP right?

There was no change to the sony remote. It was just the codes he decoded in the micro. So if you push channel 2 the light comes on, if you press channel 3 the fan comes on etc.

Hi Stedy,
I am the person From Pakistan who has designe the IR remote controle based on sony TV remote. If you are intrested to make one I could help you to complete it. my email is sahirhm@hotmail.com.
Hamid

Hi Sutedy
I am the person who have designe the remote controle switch for electric devices controle. Contect me at my mailing address sahirhm at hotmail dot com. thanks
Hamid Mahmood Sahir
From Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back