Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switching a 10w LED for another 10w LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salty joe

I like this housing a lot, and the price is right. It looks like I could just hook up 110V and be all set.
**broken link removed**
But I want to install a different 10w LED, something like this.
**broken link removed**
I’m comfortable taking things apart and re-soldering, but I don’t know-one 10w LED might not be interchangeable with another 10w LED. It seems like it should be fine, but things are not always as they appear. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheap Chinese no-name-brand junk without a datasheet.

The first one produces white light and operates directly from 110VAC to 120VAC or 85VAC to 240VAC (they don't even know!). No mention of electrical certification so it might be illegal and if it sets your home or business on fire then your insurance company will tell you NO. It looks like it has a heatsink.

The second one produces only red light. It is not as bright as the white one. It needs an external current-regulated power supply and it needs a heatsink.

Thanks, what I meant was could the white LED in the fixture be replaced with the red one?

We don't know anything about the LED circuits. We do not know the size of the LEDs and we do not know how they are mounted.
No specifications. No schematic. No parts list. They are Chinese with no details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back