Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switching 4-Signal Souces using 4016 TDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

See the attachment...
View image: 4016 TDM.png

It presents switching of 2 sources using CMOS CD4016 Analog Switch into a single channel.

My question is, how can I switch 4 sources using a 'single clock'.

Here is my 'complex' interpretation,
Use clock to run one mod-4 asynchronous counter with outputs Q0, Q1.
Then construct one 'logic circuit' to drive 4016 according to the truth table given in the

attachment.

Can anybody suggests some easy tricks ?

Attachments

• 4016TDM.png
    4016TDM.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 327
I don't understand exactly what you want to do. Do you want switch the 4 sources to a single input? or do you want to switch the 4 sources to 4 inputs, in other words do just want to switch the 4 source off and on?

I don't understand exactly what you want to do. Do you want switch the 4 sources to a single input? or do you want to switch the 4 sources to 4 inputs, in other words do just want to switch the 4 source off and on?

I just want to implement TDM for four sources using single 4016 by single clock.OK...

A CD4016 is very old and has a high on-resistance. A CD4066 is improved with a much lower on-resistance.
A CD4052 has two improved switches that are one input to 4 outputs or 4 inputs to one output. The switches have two binary control inputs.

You can use a counter with decoded output such as the CD4017 or the CD4022. These outputs can drive the 4016 or 4066 directly.

Be aware though, that if you set Vss to a negative voltage for the switch to carry analog signals, then the digital control signals need to go between Vss and Vdd, not between Vdd and ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back