Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switches (Rocker, Illuminated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippogriff

Hi all,

I decided I wanted to add some switches to my project, so the user could control certain behaviour. Ideally, they'd be placed snugly into right sized holes that I would drill out of a black plastic project box... something like this switch would look ideal:

**broken link removed**

The price of these isn't bad, but - as always - I don't want a load and these guys charge £5 delivery per order. :( So I'll either have to wait until I want more items, or find somewhere else. I've not seen these exact things elsewhere, after some searching on eBay and Farnell and suchlike, so I'm wondering about two questions...

If you have the need for switches...

1) where do you guys get your nice looking illuminated rocker switches from usually? Sadly I have nothing I can scavenge from.

2) Am I right in assuming that all these illuminated rocker switches are aimed at car fitments? It seems that way, from my digging around... maybe that's why they're so big too.

Nothing wrong with them being 20mm or so diameter, but I'd be happier if they weren't seemingly so deep... surely there's no real need for them to be so deep as they seem? I mean, if they're aimed at electronics and going into things like project boxes - which I guess they aren't... ;)

Are there suppliers out there that provide these nice looking switches at reasonable prices, reasonable delivery and, dream on, have options that aren't so deep? Am I just looking at the wrong on-line retailers?

Might walk into Maplin tomorrow, but my guess is I won't get the best deal there - however, if I just want two for now, it might be cheaper than paying £5 for delivery. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back