Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switched mode power supply circuit diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodneyB

I would like to make a switched mode power supply and searched the internet for a suitable circuit diagram to start with. I cant seem to find anything. Lots of theory which is great but would love to build one now.

There are many different types of switched mode power supplies.
What input/output voltage? What current or power level? Isolated or not isolated? AC or DC input?
Do you want something simple?

As Ron says there are several types and they are very common. It is often easier to buy than to build because they can be fussy. But lets say you want to drop one DC voltage to a lower DC voltage. You could google buck converter or buck regulator circuits.

There are many different types of switched mode power supplies.
What input/output voltage? What current or power level? Isolated or not isolated? AC or DC input?
Do you want something simple?

I would actually like to make my own. I would like to start with a 220 volt DC input to 13.9 Volt output with a current of 1 Amp.

As Ron says there are several types and they are very common. It is often easier to buy than to build because they can be fussy. But lets say you want to drop one DC voltage to a lower DC voltage. You could google buck converter or buck regulator circuits.

In Zimbabwe its often very difficult to get made items and therefore we try to make our own. I also find that once I make something I learn the components and the theory then I understand them better and it helps me repair similar circuits.

I would actually like to make my own. I would like to start with a 220 volt DC input to 13.9 Volt output with a current of 1 Amp.
RodneyB,
You mean 220v AC? As of your problem of getting parts in Zim i totally understand as I am in South Africa and we some time have great difficulty in getting pre-build parts. I am also looking to build my own PSU and did not find an usable schematic yet. But if I do ill post it.

To learn you should start out with 24V to 12V at 1A. This is simple and safe.
BUT
Because you asked:Here are some simple 220V AC to 12v supplies. Power Integration has very good software to help you design supplies. It will help with changing parts to get the 13.9V you want.

Attachments

• di35.pdf
    311.3 KB · Views: 333
  • der228.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 316
  • der234.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 369
To learn you should start out with 24V to 12V at 1A. This is simple and safe.
BUT
Because you asked:Here are some simple 220V AC to 12v supplies. Power Integration has very good software to help you design supplies. It will help with changing parts to get the 13.9V you want.

Thank you very much for all this information. I agree with you, in hind sight it would ne better and safer to learn on a 24 Volt to 12 volt power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back