Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch that does different speeds on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrosaro420

Sorry if I sound dumb, im a total newb with this type of thing =) Let me explain what im looking for. Im building an animated christmas display for our yard. It runs fine, but im looking to add a switch to the cord so that the motor will go from slow, medium then to fast on its own, unattended. Like maybe itll go at slow speed for 20 seconds, then jump to fast speed for 10 seconds, then to medium for 15 seconds (just an example) all on its own without me having to manually turn a switch to a speed. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for the help!

controlling a single phase small motor ..you can use regulators as used for ceiling fans.
to make it auotomatic to switch you may need another motor and a slowly rotating switch to switch and short regulator terminals required.

than all this stuffs you can make a simple electronic board..it iwll controll you lgihts without the need of a motor even, can rum faster and slower. any one from the forum can help you to give you the diagram/ circuit but how are you going to assemble and test it by your self??

controlling a single phase small motor ..you can use regulators as used for ceiling fans.
to make it auotomatic to switch you may need another motor and a slowly rotating switch to switch and short regulator terminals required.

than all this stuffs you can make a simple electronic board..it iwll controll you lgihts without the need of a motor even, can rum faster and slower. any one from the forum can help you to give you the diagram/ circuit but how are you going to assemble and test it by your self??

Well im not really sure what im looking for lol. It is for a smaller AC motor. Is there any thing out there, prebuilt like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back