Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switch symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_TTU

Ok I have a circuit board with a place for a switch. The switch is a smt with 4 terminals and between them there is a symbol where the switch goes that look likes this (see attach file). Does anyone know what type of switch this is and/or how it works in relation to the 4 solder points(the black squares).

Thank you for your help ~Jason

Attachments

• switch.JPG
    switch.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 179
Jason_TTU said:
Ok I have a circuit board with a place for a switch. The switch is a smt with 4 terminals and between them there is a symbol where the switch goes that look likes this (see attach file). Does anyone know what type of switch this is and/or how it works in relation to the 4 solder points(the black squares).

Thank you for your help ~Jason

Without seeing the circuit I would guess it is a double pole double throw. But it is only a guess because it is not a standard symbol as far as I know.

If it is apx 4mm square then it is most likely for a momentary pushbutton switch. These have 4 terminals even though there are only 2 needed. Check to see if two of the pads are connected together. If they are, check the other 2. If those are connected then you have your 2 connection points. Now it's just a matter of finding something that physically fits!

I agree. This symbol looks like it is meant to be a tact type momentary-on pushbutton. The way the lines are drawn is identical to how I have seen individual buttons in a switch matrix (eg keyboard) drawn before. And the pad layout looks just like that for a tact switch. A bit weird though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back