switch symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_TTU

Ok I have a circuit board with a place for a switch. The switch is a smt with 4 terminals and between them there is a symbol where the switch goes that look likes this (see attach file). Does anyone know what type of switch this is and/or how it works in relation to the 4 solder points(the black squares).

Thank you for your help ~Jason

Attachments

• switch.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 179

Without seeing the circuit I would guess it is a double pole double throw. But it is only a guess because it is not a standard symbol as far as I know.

If it is apx 4mm square then it is most likely for a momentary pushbutton switch. These have 4 terminals even though there are only 2 needed. Check to see if two of the pads are connected together. If they are, check the other 2. If those are connected then you have your 2 connection points. Now it's just a matter of finding something that physically fits!

I agree. This symbol looks like it is meant to be a tact type momentary-on pushbutton. The way the lines are drawn is identical to how I have seen individual buttons in a switch matrix (eg keyboard) drawn before. And the pad layout looks just like that for a tact switch. A bit weird though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…