Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch on/off for SSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markom

I have recently purchased some solid state relay from RS.

What they are required to do is switch on and off a 24V load. The control for the SSR is from a DAQ with a 5V digital output (max 5mA)

I purchased the SSR (RS stock 218-1937), in my stupidity I have realised that once the control gets a signal then the load cannot be switched off until the 24volt supply is reset/switched off, is there something I can buy that will just switch on and off like a relay with 0v or 5v at the control?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Mark

I have recently purchased some solid state relay from RS.

What they are required to do is switch on and off a 24V load. The control for the SSR is from a DAQ with a 5V digital output (max 5mA)

I purchased the SSR (RS stock 218-1937), in my stupidity I have realised that once the control gets a signal then the load cannot be switched off until the 24volt supply is reset/switched off, is there something I can buy that will just switch on and off like a relay with 0v or 5v at the control?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards

Mark

hi,
Most SSR's are used for switching 'ac', if you try to switch 'dc', as you have found they stay ON.

What is the load and current you want to switch.?

You need to select SSR with DC output options, like the following:

ssr_dc-jpg.39593

Attachments

• SSR_DC..jpg
    SSR_DC..jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 260
Hi Eric!

Thank you for your reply... The load is only 1amp...,,

So I cannot switch DC with SSR...that would explain it!

In an AC SSR, the output is TRIAC based so that's what's going to happen.

A DC SSR has a MOSFET output which will conduct permanently on one direction.

An AC/DC SSR has two MOSFETs connected back-to-back so it can handle either AC or DC.

Hi Eric!

Thank you for your reply... The load is only 1amp...,,

So I cannot switch DC with SSR...that would explain it!

hi Mark,
I did say MOST SSR's. 'eblc' post shows a 'dc' version from RS.:)

Hi Eric and Hero,

Thank you for the advice!

I will re-order the correct one this tine :)

Have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back