Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch on Audio Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainate

I'm planning to build the CMoy Headphone amplifier, specifically the version found on the JDS Labs website because they have a nice PCB. In their Bill of Materials, they recommend a 3.5mm stereo output jack with a dpdt switch built in. I plan to use headphones with a 1/4" jack, so I'd like to build that into my project. The only reason I can think of to include an automatic switch on the output jack is to prevent pops/clicks in the headphones while they are being plugged in (TRS jacks short during the insert process).

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2013/01/cMoyBBx203R_Schematic.pdf

The other thing to note is that in the original schematic, this switch isn't included.

Is there any reason I can't just short out the switch and solder a panel-mount TRS 1/4" Jack to the case?

Those two switches are not related to the output jack, rather it is a separate switch used for the bass boost function. If you don't want it, just place a jumper instead of RB_L and RB_B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back