Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switch on a led depending on the switch state (using picbasic and pic16f877)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pouchito

Hi all,

i wrote a very simple code but it did not work :(

i want to turn on a led if the switch is on

this is the code:

TRISA = $ff
TRISB = 0
CMCON=7

main: if PORTA.1=1 THEN
PORTB.1=1
delay_ms (1000)
ELSE PORTB.1=0
END IF
GOTO MAIN

end.

and it did not work, i put the input on portb.b instead of the porta.1, it worked but i need to use the port A as input .

i think my problem is that i did not specify that i need the portA to be digital and not analog? is that right ?
if yes, how ?
please help

Last edited:
think it's ANSEL=0 to make it digital
also, your if statement should always return true, or perhaps not in the language you're using, I'm used to C where we'd do if x==1 to test to see if x is 1, whereas x=1 will place 1 in x and always return true on success

no, you'll still need to turn off the analog functions on porta, and make sure the TRISA bit for your pin is set to 1 (input)

picbasic should have a directive ALL_DIGITAL = TRUE which turns off any and all analog features, depending on the chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back