Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch mounting hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

I've seen these parts time after time on switches I've gotten off the net or from the rat shack but I've never learned what the hardware that came with these switches was for.

I'm talking about toggle switches

One switch will always have two nuts, a lock washer, and a mysterious piece of metal hardware between the bottom nut and lock washer. This part has a tab in the center which fits into the slot in the threads so it won't spin. At the outer section of this mysterious piece is a tab that sticks out one way. Every time I get a switch this tab is facing in towards the switch.

I normally toss this little mysterious piece and sometimes the extra nut if I need the room but I would like to know what this mysterious extra piece of hardware is used for...

You drill a second smaller hole that the tab goes into. The tab stops the switch rotating and coming loose.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back