Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch Mode Power supply Tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumken

Hi guys. Am working on a project and i want to use an smps for the power supply section instead of Linear mode because of it's numerous advantages. But the problem is getting a detailed explanation with a sample circuit is difficult to get online. All i see online is a part by part description. I am looking for a working and completed design with a good and detailed explanation of how each component came about. Can anyone help me with a link or an ebook i can see such design with a good and simple explanation.
The specification am Working with is
Vin=220Vac
Vout,Iout=5vdc,100mA.

Thhank YOU

Welcome to ETO!
Can't help you with recommending such an ebook/link, but just want to say that just about any USB phone charger will give you 5V and at least 100mA and will be cheaper to buy than to build.

Have a look at this.

SMPS' are not for beginners, so you wont find anything really simple.

Unless you want to learn buildign one isnt economic timewise or money wise.

Whatever you do buy a load of fets, you'll go through them, and in the initial stages of offine converters wear safety specs, and put a bulb in series to limit current.

Also have alook here, the tny series ic's are cool for low power:

http://danyk.cz/impulz4_en.html

Attachments

• SMPS design.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back