Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch from solar to battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ioma

I have fan (12v -0.9a) which use power from a solar panel.The obvious problem is that when is dark or there are clouds the fan stop.I want to make a circuit with relay which when there is no power from the panel the circuit switch to battery and the battery give only 6v to fan.Is this possible;
PS Sorry for my bad English

You can do this with two diodes.

[Sorry it was too late last night to make the drawing.]

Attachments

• diodesketch.png
    diodesketch.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
how are you going to charge the battery?

to use two diodes, make the common connection your fan negetive terminal battery negetive and solar panel negetive together. put a diode anode side to the bettery positive and the cathode (normally maked in white) to the fans positive, same another from solar panel (+ve) to the fans positive. until the solar panel out put drops bellow your battery volagte it would be powered from the panel and then from the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back