Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch for electrical circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

francoisis13

Hello,

I'm helping a friend by taking this device which lets out a sound and making it light up at the same time as the sound. I thought this would be easy; however, I found that the voltage where I want to hook up to is normally high at +5V and only drops down to +4.7V when the device "beeps". I thought I would use this change in voltage as the input of an optocoupler and then build the circuit for the light on the other side. I'm having troubles with it because everytime I have worked with an optocoupler it has been with a device which went from +5V to 0V or vise versa. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this work?

thanks!

You could amplify the small change in output from the photocoupler's transistor, then use the amplifier output to trigger the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back