Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

swing gate project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralasa41

Hello all , this is my first post, (great site), My project, I bought a swing gate motor kit and have found out that the controller box is not working , company said I did something wrong and wont replace it, I have a circuit to use relays and a remote control it works well , but I would like to add something that sensors when the gate hits something like the car or person it stops, just like garage door opener, might be like current sensing, all ideas welcome thx Pete. here is the circuit I have used for the relays..

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/motorlimitswtreverser-7-gif.25430/

My schematics come back to haunt me! ;)
I think most door openers use a spring loaded idler or motor mount that moves to actuate limit switches when it can no longer move the door. That would mean modifying the gate opener drive. I suppose there could be an active way of monitoring the motor current, and having that trip the limits. Any links on the gate opener kit?

Ken

Hi Ken thx for the reply. I got the kit off ebay, its a chinese make , the gate force is done through the electronics, the only way I can think of is current change, here is a link to the opener, its another company but same thing , cheers Pete

Are you using part of the kit...the motor...that is working and ignoring the original controls?

Ken

Last edited:
both motors are fine and using the power supply from the control box, your wiring diagram works good, just would be good to have the added safety on the gate pressure

How about photos of your installation on the gate. Particularly how the motor arm is attached to the gate. I'm thinking of some sort of spring loaded switch assembly at the attachment point that would act as secondary limit switches, that activate when the arms tries to move...but the gate doesn't.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back