Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

surface mount flash memory > 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

fvnktion

I am working on a new project that will require a large amount of memory > 1GB.

Does anyone know if there is a surface mount option in flash that would work with the standard 4 wire SPI protocol? I have only been able to find up to 512 Mb at mouser.

Thanks

Last edited:
You should be able to use a couple extra address lines and chain as many together as you need.

That would be one solution. Due to the size constraint I am hoping for a 1 chip package.

I am thinking about using a micro sd.

It seems like there would be a surface mount option of a micro sd available, but dont see any? I would like to have it soldered to the board for purposes of ruggedness.

SD is removeable media format, not a board mount format. You can buy SMD sockets and hot glue the the chip in place if you want.

Are you looking for > 1GB (gigabyte) or > 1Gb (gigabit)???

In either case, DigiKey has a much better selection. In this size, you do need to be able to handle BGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back