Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Supplying power to the ATmega328

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil09

I recently programmed an ATmega328 using the Arduino board. Now I'd like to remove the ATmega328 from the Arduino and run it in a separate project. My question is, can I supply power to the ATmega328 using just a 12v battery and a 5v voltage regulator?

Looking at voltage regulator datasheets I see that I will probably need capacitors on the input and output of the regulator. Should that be all?

That should be all you need.

The capacitors should be of the type mentioned in the data sheet. These are additional to the one(s) recommended to be placed on the processor's Vcc.

i would like to do the same... can you please post the diagram and the capacitors needed... thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back