Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SuperTrader Competition (AU). Anyone doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago we had fun doing that with US stocks. I forget the program but it was really a great time, especially when things crashed and you really had to work at making money. We had contest going where they ran like 6 months. Enjoy it as it can be a lot of fun.

<EDIT> I found it, here in the US we used Virtual Stock Exchange. </EDIT>

Ron

Last edited:
Just joined for a bit of fun ans just spent 50K on stocks

Last edited:
Does this use the real prices? And, if so, how can you buy when the market is closed? Do you get the closing price from today or the open price tomorrow? If you get either then it's possible to cheat.

Mike.

Hi Mike

If this game works like the one I played and linked to then it is virtually like real trading. You can only trade while the market is open. While the market is closed I can put in trades. Those trades will happen at the opening bell. Generally close to the actual real times for opening and closing bells. While the market is open you can trade and again those trades take place pretty close to when you place them. So no, you can't trade while the market is closed, you can place orders that will happen when the market opens. Everything works pretty close to real life. These games can really be fun, especially when a group gets into it and competes. Oh yeah, the trade prices are actual prices.

Ron

Last edited:
Yep Pommie just how Ron has described it above is how it works. I found out the hard way that ordering 1,000 shares DON'T use the comma as it will mean 1 share. Also with putting in a monetary value the same applies. so far I have bought 4 stocks and have been charged over $600 in brokerage fees due to this bungle. But it does look like a bit of fun, but if some of the small mining stock I bought really take off I'll be real mad as I should in reality put some real cash into them.

Cheers Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back