Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Super Flexible 22 Awg Hook up Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert_G

Hey all, got a question I thought would be easy to find the answer to online, but I'm not having much luck. I've got a need for some REALLY flexible 22 Awg hook up wire. It will be in pretty much constant movement and vibration. Reading online I know I need a high strand count, but trying to find such wire is proving to be hard.

I'm not sure what type of insulator is best, I was thinking silicone, as I don't care for the PVC jacket loosening when soldered, or how it gets soft and shrinks oh so slightly. I'd like the exposed portion of the wire to stay at a fixed length where I strip it. I like Kynar wire for this, but all I've seen is solid core, and not sure it would be good for alot of movement.

I like the feel of test lead wire, but don't want anything near that thick. I'd like the diameter of the wire to be about the same as normal everyday 7 strand PVC 22 AWG hook up wire.

Any suggestions for REALLY SUPER ULTRA Flexible wire at a decent cost? And links to a place to buy would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

High strand count with a silicone insulator. I don't think there is anything more flexible. Used to use this on RC car batteries all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back