Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

super computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nim369

i got an idea not to long ago. i'm trying to create a "super computer", if you will. i have everything i need but i'm not to familar with parts of electronics. any way, the things i have are a stereo, speakers, computer, and a dvd/vcr player. all of it is just old stuff that nobody uses but every thing works. my parents through out the old speaker wire but i have a whole role of it. so far i've taken the shell off of the computer and i removed the drives and unpluged everything. i also removed the rack that held the drives and the power source that all the wires lead into. i was very cautous not to damage anything. basicly i took every thing out exept the mother board and the stuff attched such as the video grafics card. i tried to find some information online about the components and what they do. i couldn't find anything. (of course). as for the dvd player, i pretty much just got the shell off.

my plan as to what im using everything for is as follows.
computer: process info, store data and memory
dvd/vcr: parts that will allow it to read/scan things
stereo: same as dvd/vcr and also to enhance sound

some other things are listed below.
security cam: enable vision (mom works for security company)
computer keyboard and mouse: basic controls
computer monitor: display

wiring plan
as for wiring, the computer's mother board will most likely be the main foundation of the whole thing. for the camera, i'll use a cable that splits so i can connect it to both the monitor and computer.

goal: my goal is to basicly create a "brain". a computer that can interact. a computer that can process very much like the human brain. a computer that will start conversations or ask questions on its own without someone saying something first. it will even have its very own personality. "artificial intelligance". if anyone has some tips or info on parts, please let me know.

Last edited:
The best way to build a supercomputer is to use standard PC hardware. You don't need to know much about electronics, everything just plugs together.

The tricky part is the software, opennn source is probably the best for you because it allows you to modify the code.

i'm trying to create a "super computer", if you will. i have everything i need but i'm not to familar with parts of electronics. any way, the things i have are a stereo, speakers, computer, and a dvd/vcr player.

I tried to make one of those when I was a kid, only it was a bunch of pocket calculators and a relay logic unit.

It now controls the entire North American Aerospace Defense Command system.

Last edited:
You don't need to take the computer appart.

I understand your concept, I have build something similar. Just leave the computer as you bought it. Nothing to modify.

Connect the stereo to the soundcard output and you are done. You can build a custom case for the stereo later.

The dvd player can also sleep outside, just wire it to a AV switch, so you can select between PC or dvd as the stereo's sound source.

Forget about the AI thing, even if you code or buy the program is cool to hear at first but you get bored of it in weeks. Real interactive AI is the work of Phillips, and cost millions to develop.

If you wanna make a REAL computer center, google how to use parallel port and visual basic, is great to control electrical appliances in your home (lights, etc)

Last edited:
I tried to make one of those when I was a kid, only it was a bunch of pocket calculators and a relay logic unit.

It now controls the entire North American Aerospace Defense Command system.

Professor Falken, it is so good to hear from you.:)
How about a game of Tic Tac Toe?:D

Oh NO! THAT'S THE CODE PHRASE THAT SETS OFF ALL THE MISSILES! :eek:

totally off topic but thats a great film :)

This is probably just another one post wonder, I doubt he'll be back.

About 1989 I wrote a tic-tac-toe program in 8086 assembly.
About 400 bytes. I was very proud of myself :)

If this guy does manage to get anywhere with this (ahem) 'ambitious' project, I certainly hope he's not planning on teaching it spelling and grammar himself...

i got an idea not to long ago. i'm trying to create a "super computer", if you will. i have everything i need but i'm not to familar with parts of electronics. any way, the things i have are a stereo, speakers, computer, and a dvd/vcr player. all of it is just old stuff that nobody uses but every thing works. my parents through out the old speaker wire but i have a whole role of it. so far i've taken the shell off of the computer and i removed the drives and unpluged everything. i also removed the rack that held the drives and the power source that all the wires lead into. i was very cautous not to damage anything. basicly i took every thing out exept the mother board and the stuff attched such as the video grafics card. i tried to find some information online about the components and what they do. i couldn't find anything. (of course). as for the dvd player, i pretty much just got the shell off.

my plan as to what im using everything for is as follows.
computer: process info, store data and memory
dvd/vcr: parts that will allow it to read/scan things
stereo: same as dvd/vcr and also to enhance sound

some other things are listed below.
security cam: enable vision (mom works for security company)
computer keyboard and mouse: basic controls
computer monitor: display

wiring plan
as for wiring, the computer's mother board will most likely be the main foundation of the whole thing. for the camera, i'll use a cable that splits so i can connect it to both the monitor and computer.

goal: my goal is to basicly create a "brain". a computer that can interact. a computer that can process very much like the human brain. a computer that will start conversations or ask questions on its own without someone saying something first. it will even have its very own personality. "artificial intelligance". if anyone has some tips or info on parts, please let me know.
Simply impossible. Don't waste your time bro. Use your brain on possible ways.

Let me try it out dude..

For a super computer:

Diode - 9 nos.
Transistor 2n3904 - 12 nos.
brain tuner(2200pf variable) - 3 nos.
Resistors - 24 nos.
Button cell - 5 nos.
Durable alkaline battery - 10.
ON/OFF switch - 1.

For AI:

Extra diodes - 4 nos.
brain field effect transistors BFET - 137 nos.
NIMH battery - 2.
soft: Personality maker 2.7, Question bank 1.0(be careful while loading this software), GK upload 2.0
AI ON/OFF slide switch - 1.

Try it out and let me know :confused:

Let me try it out dude..

For a super computer:

Diode - 9 nos.
Transistor 2n3904 - 12 nos.
brain tuner(2200pf variable) - 3 nos.
Resistors - 24 nos.
Button cell - 5 nos.
Durable alkaline battery - 10.
ON/OFF switch - 1.

For AI:

Extra diodes - 4 nos.
brain field effect transistors BFET - 137 nos.
NIMH battery - 2.
soft: Personality maker 2.7, Question bank 1.0(be careful while loading this software), GK upload 2.0
AI ON/OFF slide switch - 1.

Try it out and let me know :confused:

The bold item is essential, needed in case it ties to become SkyNet and take over the US ICBM system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back