Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sunbeam SLP3300B space heater circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikes1098

Finally got cold enough for me to pull out the electric space heater (which I have only used a couple times over the past season)... anyway it did not work. It is a very simple system, the rheostat, on/off switch, and thermal protection. I have tested that I get power through the rheostat (and tip protection switch), I have checked that I get continuity through the coils - so the circuit is not open. I have checked the thermal protection switch is closed... but then I get stumped. There is a cylinder thingy after the thermal switch connected to the neutral wire. I do not get continuity through that (I do get it up each leg, so it has a good connection to the board). I have attached a picture, I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to test it... whatever it is....thanks
ScreenShot080.jpg

Its a thermal fuse link & it will have a temp printed on it, as they come in a variety of temperatures. That is your problem as it should have continuity.

Thanks debe... I cut it out and the markings are super faint but there

I think it reads the following ("?"s I cannot make out all):

?0?25
SEFUSE
SF152E
167C
15A
JET125V

Does anyone know where i can find a fuse like that?

Thanks

Hello All,

Radioshack usually keeps a selection of these in the store. I am not a big RS fan but if you need it now it may be worth looking. They also carry NTE thermal fuses that are rated at a max current of 15 amps.

Thanks. rfranzk.

Does 1098 refer to an A series by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back