Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suministro elictrico FIRSTLINE FS 150VE LCD TV power connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkam

Hi all,
I have a Suministro elictrico FIRSTLINE FS 150VE that requires an externsl power supply. Web search proves fruitless. The socket is for a 4 pin and approx. 1cm. dia. with 1mm wide pins. A chassis diagram denotes 12v + & - but twice. Am I correct in assuming that just connecting to one of either pairs okay?
I see on Ebay lots of similar OEM plug switchmode 5A laptop type supplies.
I am not familiar with this so any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Hi all,
I have a Suministro elictrico FIRSTLINE FS 150VE that requires an externsl power supply. Web search proves fruitless. The socket is for a 4 pin and approx. 1cm. dia. with 1mm wide pins. A chassis diagram denotes 12v + & - but twice. Am I correct in assuming that just connecting to one of either pairs okay?
I see on Ebay lots of similar OEM plug switchmode 5A laptop type supplies.
I am not familiar with this so any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Hi Jkam,
If I understand correctly what you are saying ..... you mean that marked on the rear of the Firstline, beside it's power connector, is a circle with four pins inside.... 2 pins marked +12V .... and other 2 pins marked - .... referring to the correct connection type of power supply adapter?
If this is correct, you may be right in what you are saying, .... that in reality only a single 12volt power unit is required.
They are probably doubling up / parallelling on two sets of pins and so allowing a larger input current for this small sized pin connector.

HOWEVER, the real and only way to know for certain, is to carefully remove the rear casing, and check the connections inside the Firstline to see if they are in parallel......it is best to go this route than to "have a go" and guess.....and end up with smoke!

The other thing I wouldn't be sure of is the current rating.....is it marked as requiring 5amp? I've seen a lot of these TV LCD type power supplies rated at up to 8 amp. You could confirm this requirement (when you first confirm correct pin connections!) by using a car battery with a 10 amp fuse inline with the plus side (for cable protection) and then use a dc current meter in series also with the plus side, to see what current the TV draws under normal operation.

hope this helps,
Rotarymaker

Thanks Rotary,for your eloquent & kind reply.

I penned a fair old missive in reply but it disappeared as I hit the wrong 'Post A Reply'!
A bit rushed now so suffice it to say I was aware of the last option as the one I was trying to lazily avoid.

Best Wishes Hombre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back