Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojsi

Hi,
I started working on an accurate LCR meter project and I will need a good simulator.
What do you recommend for accuracy etc. ?

thanks

If you are talking about an analog circuit simulator, then some version of Spice should do what you want. LTspice from Linear Technology is free and works well. It's accuracy depends mainly on the model accuracy, which is typically good for most active and passive devices.

I use MicroCap-demo and LT spice. I like MicroCap best but can not afford the unlimited version. If you break down your project into small pieces it works well.

LT Spice is unlimited! It runs switching power supplies better than any of the many spices I tried. Most spice programs struggle with power supplies.

LTSpice is simple as a package. it only gets complicated when you try to simulate complicated circuits. Start with the basics, then progress. There are some that dont like it, but for a free of charge simulation package, it is the best you can... erm... buy (get?). Have a look at my LTSpice tutorial. You will be hooked in a couple of hours and never look back:
http://www.simonbramble.co.uk/lt_spice/ltspice_lt_spice.htm

Analogue electronics will no longer be the black art that everyone makes it out to be

Get LTspice (download here). It's free, and not "crippleware" free.

Like most software packages, it's poorly documented, alas. But you can always ask questions here and figure out how to do what you want to do. It's very powerful.

LTSpice is simple as a package. it only gets complicated when you try to simulate complicated circuits. Start with the basics, then progress. There are some that dont like it, but for a free of charge simulation package, it is the best you can... erm... buy (get?). Have a look at my LTSpice tutorial. You will be hooked in a couple of hours and never look back:
http://www.simonbramble.co.uk/lt_spice/ltspice_lt_spice.htm

Analogue electronics will no longer be the black art that everyone makes it out to be

Ops.. I've missed LTSpice with PSpace. I think I used LTSpice (or similar) one or two years ago.
tutorial.pdf (look at the pictures)
I'm not sure, but all I know about this software is that you can not make dynamic simulations.

With MicroCap I place one or more switches in the circuit. Once the simulation starts I can open and close the switches (by a double click), and I can see the different current and voltage values (updated by pressing ctrl+space).

hi
you can use
Proteus
multisim
circuit maker
all are simple and powerful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back