Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggetions for up counter/relay driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi E

Please clairify?

thanks

Clarifying!

In your circuit, you have 40mA Base current into Q2, which is switching a load current of only 85mA, you have an assumed saturation Gain in Q2 of 2.??

In Q1 Base you have 0.22mA, with a collector current of 40mA, an assumed saturation Gain of 200.??
If you check the voltage on Q1 collector you will see it is 5.5Volts, its not saturated and it dissipates 0.22Watts when its ON.

Its a good rule to assume a saturation gain of ~10 to 15.

Where will you find 130R, 1k3, 19.1k and 191k resistors.???

Last edited:
hi E...
Sorry for the delay in responding...i've been sick...:-|

Wow...I was way off...
The resistor values I just left in from the simulator...I was planning to change them later...
I havent used LTspice much so I'm still becomming familiar with it..
Thanks for your review and clarification.

Couple of questions...

1. The relay coil needs to change to 100 ohm, 120 ma. I think the values you supplied are ok. Any adjustments?

2. I need a latching relay driver with a n.o. push button connected to +5. It should toggle the relay on/off with each push of the button. Can you check this circuit for me please?

Thanks

hi,
I would change R2 to a 820R.

The toggle works OK in simulation.

E.

Hey Eric

How do fix the scores?
I wanted to mark them all positive but they came out negative!!

Hey Eric

How do fix the scores?
I wanted to mark them all positive but they came out negative!!

hi eTech,
Sorry I have no idea what you mean.??;)

What Scores, whats positive or negative.??

LOTS more details required.:confused:

E.

Last edited:
hi eTech,
Sorry I have no idea what you mean.??;)

What Scores, whats positive or negative.??

LOTS more details required.:confused:

E.

I meant the "Did you find this post helpful?" scores...

I pressed the teeny tiny icon on my phone an the score came out negative instead of positive... :-|

I shoulda waited till I got on my computer...How do I change the scores to positive?

thanks

hi,
Relax, it shows as positive.

The men in black suits will not be calling on you at midnight.:rolleyes:

I thought you were perhaps using the relay stepping circuit as a Scoring display for a game.!

E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back