Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar64

Hey once again my teacher asked me to get a list of PIC's that I would like haha since I don't know what ones are better im asking you guys. Is it possible to get a list of some PIC's that can be used for alot of different projects ?

"Better" depends on your circumstances. If you want DIP only, that eliminates a few PICs. If your programmer is an old outdated one, you've eliminated a lot of chips you can program. If anything over 18 pins gives you the willies, there goes some more.....
Two popular PICs you'll see used in projects on the web a lot:
16F628 (replaces the 16F84)
16F87x ( x = 3,4,6 or 7)
The best angle of attack is to decide what you want to build and then choose a suitable PIC.

ok thanks for the help we are using a PICkit2 so that is good and can program most PIC's I'm really just looking for PIC's that are the most common like you said about the 16F628 etc thanks for helping

12F683, all around best full featured 8 pin PIC mcu
16F88, 18 pin, good feature set, boot loader capable
16F690, 20 pin, good feature set
18F1320, 18 pin 18F' architecture, boot loader capable
18F2620, 28 pin, 32kword, good feature set, boot loader capable
18F4620, 40 pin, 32kword, good feature set, boot loader capable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back