Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions For Inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANATEC

Hii,

I am new to this site.., i would like to have your suggesstions on the parameters to be inspected during incoming inspection in a transistor when it is bought for a mass production company

Thanks in advance

I don't think there is much you can do. Surface mount components come tape and reel. I'm pretty sure you're not proposing that you remove the parts, test them, and repackage them since that would double or triple the cost. Even if they are TO-92 in a bulk package it simply isn't worth the time or trouble to test them.

OK sample testing. You have a reel of 3000 2N3904MMBT transistors in a SOT-23 package. Are you seriously considering taking a part from the middle of the reel for testing? What is the poor pick and place machine supposed to do when it tries to place the part from an empty position on the tape. This is so 1970's

The point I am trying to make is that we don't spend any time or effort testing penny components. The manufacturing yields are good enough that we dont have to. Another reason to skip testing is that we design circuits that are not sensitive to even substantial variations in parameters. It just is not necessary to perform incoming inspection on discrete transistors. That you are even thinking about it shows that you need to reorder your priorities.

I guess the test is we put it in a board and see if the board works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back