Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion of design templates (background)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

I'm going to do my project power point presentation soon. I need some suggestion of using the design templates or background. Does anyone has a good idea? *I'm doing a robotic mower.. thanks ;)

Don't use loads of animations with sliding text for each slide. Keep it simple. Each slide should have no more than 7 words across and 7 lines down. Don't read from a script or from the powerpoint slides - Use them as a guide. Do a search on Google images, it has loads of pictures. Some humourous pictures/ backgrounds would make it more entertaining.

thanks for ur suggestion..
but u mean
Each slide should have no more than 7 words across and 7 lines down.
means what? each line is limited to approximately 7 words only and not more than 7 lines each slide, m i right?

I agree with fingers.

Dont out too much on the slide, keep it simple, one or two "ideas" per slide.
Dont use all the the flying animantions and sound effects, unless your audience is a bunch of children, it will just anoy them (it does me!).

When giving the presentation, dont read the slides, let the slide summarise what you are saying.

JimB

Hi,
I agree with both above posters. You want to keep the focus on you, and what you are presenting. If you put too much emphasis on the SUPPORT material, it will pull focus from your presentation. Also the use of a lot of 'glitter' will make your presentation seem amateurish.
Think about the underlying structure, and make that strong, with a few embellishments, rather than a week structure held together with embellishments.
You might think of each slide as a paragraph - one idea.
Regards,
Robert

i'm planning to put on the gif file which shows the current flows in the circuit in animation, and i will present with my own words.. is it okay?

bananasiong said:
i'm planning to put on the gif file which shows the current flows in the circuit in animation, and i will present with my own words.. is it okay?

That could work quite well, it all depends on the complexity of the circuit in the slide.

JimB

bananasiong said:
thanks for ur suggestion..
but u mean
means what? each line is limited to approximately 7 words only and not more than 7 lines each slide, m i right?

7 across 7 down is a good rule (as a maximum) for keeping the audience interested, rather than a limitation of the PowerPoint software. No one wants to be reading a paragraph, or for that matter even complete sentences on your slides.
Put one subject on each slide, e.g. Aims, Planning, Evaluation… and break each one down into a few points. Use big font sizes.
Try to avoid using white text on a dark background; it is not so easy to read.
I’m not sure what the tutors are like where you are, but mine always try to ask difficult questions to put you on the spot and see how you cope. If the circuit is complicated, only display part of it that you know well (unless they specify otherwise). Or else the tutors will tear you to pieces with awkward questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back