Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion: No Blogs for members with less then 10 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... and not be allowed to send PM's and "friend" requests before they have 10 posts. One guy sent me a PM+friend request yesterday, and he does not have a single post to his name.
Wonder how some of these people's brains work... how can you ask me to be your friend if we never spoke before?

.... and not be allowed to send PM's and "friend" requests before they have 10 posts. One guy sent me a PM+friend request yesterday, and he does not have a single post to his name.
Wonder how some of these people's brains work... how can you ask me to be your friend if we never spoke before?

I agree, I'll go with that.:)

I got a newbie PM, with friend request and a project question,,, binned.!

Isn't a Blog, sort of like a journal or diary? Perhaps the questions are for the blogger, sort of a beginning :) , and an ending apparently... Guess it depends on if it clutters up the works, it's a problem. I've never blogged, so don't know much about it. I've read through a few (Google sent me). Perhaps there should be some sort of form to fill out, when setting up the blog, perhaps a certain word count for the initial post, ought to have a minimal word count for new threads as well. No way a simple one liner will amount to much. If a new member goes through the trouble of registering, a decent paragraph isn't too much to ask, nor should it be much of a problem if the poster seriously expects some help, and not a hand out.

Friend requests... If they have to ask, it's usually means they need to use you for something. I have trouble trusting people like that, and my trust is important. I would be more willing to trust a total stranger, over one who just out of the blue, asked me to be their friend. No expectations or obligations. I don't hesitate to step up and help somebody struggle with something, but have no problem just walking past somebody waiting for someone to fix their problem for them (unless she really hot). I don't think of friendship as something you need to discuss or agree upon, either develops or not, you just know either way.

This is the sort of thing I am talking about. The same rot is showing us ever place the poster can think of putting it. If he could he would post it to the calendar! :) No one has helped him because he does not seem to have the background to do the project.
interface kionix triple axis accelerometer with pic microcontroller

Posted Today at 04:52 AM by anilvadnala
Dear Sir,

I am Anil vadnala doing MS(biomedical engg) project on tracking gait parameters of human motion.

So I am using KXP84-1050 tri axis accelerometer that I have to interface it to the PIC microcontroller if not any other microcontroller through spi or i2c interface.

**broken link removed**

As I am new to software knowledge I dont have sufficient knowledge at C programme but I can understand little bit.

Hence, I am requesting you to send me a programe which related to it what you have anything or your ideas.

Thanks n Regards,

anil.vadnala@gmail.com

Somebody should do a tutorial on how to use a search engine. I know there are a bunch of projects on the web, using accelerometers and PICs. I've never used either, but I remember all the other stuff I see on websites, just in case I need something another time. Don't always remember where, or how I found it, just know its out there, and what else was on the site is usually enough for me to find it again.

Just seems like if they can search the web to find this site, a little more search would most likely find their answers. Wonder if they just search for 'sites to do my project for me', and Electro-tech pops up...

If they are too lazy to search, they will be too lazy to read the "How to search".

Somebody should do a tutorial on how to use a search engine. I know there are a bunch of projects on the web, using accelerometers and PICs. I've never used either, but I remember all the other stuff I see on websites, just in case I need something another time. Don't always remember where, or how I found it, just know its out there, and what else was on the site is usually enough for me to find it again.

Just seems like if they can search the web to find this site, a little more search would most likely find their answers. Wonder if they just search for 'sites to do my project for me', and Electro-tech pops up...

If they are too lazy to search, they will be too lazy to read the "How to search".

True, but at least we could reply with the link. Perhaps a few will click on it, and read some of it. Posting the link to Google seems a little sarcastic :) , obviously they found the forums some how, but if given a few tips on how to get the specific information, might save a few.

I agree that the vast majority of the one-line help requests, are from people too lazy to do even a minimal of their own work, cuts into their video game time. I think setting some minimal limits on first posts, will reduce some of the problem. It would force most to produce a more proper request, or the truly lazy will just fill the space with nonsense, which could be simply deleted as such.

Torben has always impressed me at his research ability. Not that I am volunteering you Torben:)

I see what you are saying here, but there does seem to be a bit of art involved in search technique. I often find myself getting stuck working on a school paper due to not being able to find a link or such. I am in no way lazy. I end up going to my school library where we have library research associates. I tell them what I am trying to do and how my search has been frugle, they grin and say " It is all in the search words baby" Minutes later I have a ten page list of links.

My point is, not all are lazy, there are certain tricks to searching. I am not talking about whats a 74LS00, rather things like; when did Andrew Viterbi and Shannon develop the Viterbi Decoder, although that example might well be easy to find also, but you get the idea.

Another ZERO poster asking for help today via a PM.

Reply:
POST ALL REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT TO THE FORUM.!... binned

When I search, I keep it simple, minimal terms, very general. If I don't find what I'm looking for in the first few pages, I add words to make it more specific. If I only get a few hits, I try to reword my request. Sometimes it takes days to think up a how to ask the search engine. I'm sure there are better ways.

im thinking ALOT of these users are from India as their emails are usually @yahoo.co.in.. I'm thinking of restricting registrations for them.. Just a thought at the moment.

That seems to be somewhat unfair to would be valid posters from that region. Perhaps a less geographically biased approach would be to do as 3V0 suggested and limit blogs and PM's to members with x amount of post :)

Just my thoughts...

The problem with Google and any other search machine is of the kind, that many entries there refer to posts made in any forum.

I was searching for 'high side current sensing' and ended up with an endless list of useless information for me. All I wanted was info about amplifiers already equipped with high precision resistor networks for that purpose.

Taking this fact into consideration I have some understanding for people who want an answer to a problem, which they obviously (because of the useless flood of info) can't get using a search machine.

I very often can read my posts done in various forums as an answer to my question.

Hans

The problem with Google and any other search machine is of the kind, that many entries there refer to posts made in any forum.

I was searching for 'high side current sensing' and ended up with an endless list of useless information for me. All I wanted was info about amplifiers already equipped with high precision resistor networks for that purpose.

Taking this fact into consideration I have some understanding for people who want an answer to a problem, which they obviously (because of the useless flood of info) can't get using a search machine.

I very often can read my posts done in various forums as an answer to my question.

Hans

I've notice that too, it's how I found this forum in the first place, and have been hooked since. Also why when people request help with circuits for detonating fireworks or other potentially terrorist related topics, I post a reminder that anyone using a search engine will likely find that information here, why make it easy for them.

I don't know all the advanced options for search engines, not really sure what the options are (should probably read the help file sometime...), but have heard there are options to filter and exclude the results. I suggested someone write a tutorial, as there must be a few people with the skills and a few tricks to speed up research. I have the patience to do the brute force method (looking at hundreds of sites with dial-up). It's fine for me, kind of like a treasure hunt, sometimes I turn up some interesting and useful sites, although might not be what I need at the time, will remember it for future use.

There will always be people posting simple, one line request, for which they could have just typed it into a search engine, and got instant answers. Don't think it's limited to any geographic region, sort of a global problem. I've also noticed that a lot of these people that include their Email, the address is a secondary 'Free' type, which makes sense, never post your Email publicly, but wonder if they are allowed to register here with those anonymous email addresses, rather than the one from their ISP? I know some people don't have an ISP with Email. I've been tempted to try my city's free WIFI internet for a few years now, pretty sure there is no Email. Libraries don't provide Email, schools, and so forth, these are probably where we pick up the homework posts.

Perhaps excluding some of these 'Free E-mail' domains will reduce some of the junk posts, and maybe leave a contact option open, for those without a proper ISP, but still wanting to participate. The administrator or moderators would have to decide to allow or deny, based on the contact message. Don't think it would create anymore work, might even save some, since they already have to deal with the mess some of these users make of the forums (duplicate posts in every forum, PMs and associated complaints, blogs). Would also cut down on people with multiple personalities and accounts. I'm sure everyone remembers the obnoxious kid, with three or so screen names a while back, got a few red squares, registered as new...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back