Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion for a circuit..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatbuddy

Hello dear folks,

Hope ur enjoying... Iam directly caoglating my requirement..

This is my requirement:
Actually iam much confused with the suggestions given by my colleagues. Well i need to know what the that bits spontaneous for my requirement...

Ok lemme me say my requirement. I have picked up some Array type detectors(PhotoDiodes) for Laser reciever, here the problem arises so the diode has 16 diodes and i need to take the output from them and show them in the form of LED glowing.

Presently we have plan to work on 3 array type detectors.

Here i glance brief about the project..

Firstly we are planning to take 3 photo detectors and place it on some mount. Let suppose if the laser first dips on first diode then one LED must glow and If it goes second then the second LED must glow. And so it continues for the third..

Here iam using array type photo diodes and the output of this must be one such that it must drive an LED.

So can anyone give brief idea about the circuit to be implemented and i sincearly need ur ideas and valuable suggestions too.

Lemme know if further classification needed.

Good time,

Regards.

Hello dear folks,

Iam directly caoglating my requirement..
I am directly confused, from the very beginning of your post!!:confused:
I can't get beyond that point, let alone what else you are trying to accomplish!:eek:

I have picked up some Array type detectors(PhotoDiodes) for Laser reciever, here the problem arises so the diode has 16 diodes and i need to take the output from them and show them in the form of LED glowing.

Presently we have plan to work on 3 array type detectors.

Here i glance brief about the project..

Firstly we are planning to take 3 photo detectors and place it on some mount. Let suppose if the laser first dips on first diode then one LED must glow and If it goes second then the second LED must glow. And so it continues for the third..

Here iam using array type photo diodes and the output of this must be one such that it must drive an LED.

So can anyone give brief idea about the circuit to be implemented and i sincearly need ur ideas and valuable suggestions too.

Lemme know if further classification needed.

Good time,

Regards.

Hi,
If I understand you correctly you are asking for a Laser beam detector.?

The detector will be an array of photodiodes.

When a photodiode detects the laser beam
a corresponding LED on an array of LED's will light.

Is that close to your requirement.:confused:

Last edited:
Yeah Eric u got my point..

Can u help me out with ur suggestion?

hi,
Whats the shape/size of the photodetector array.?
How many rows/columns.?

Need some details regarding the laser beam, visible/IR .?

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/09/S4111-16Q_etc-1.pdf

Just look at the photodiodes specifications and the Laser iam using is IR

Thanks..

hi,
I have read the link data.

Choose an array that matches the IR light frequency of the laser beam being detected.
Also decide the number of elements in the array detector.
Each detector diode output requires an amplifier.
Use the output of each amplifier to drive a visible light LED.

Thats all there is to it.:)

Do you follow OK.

EDIT: are you using a pulsed or continous laser.?
If pulsed, what the pulse rate, PRF [pulse rate frequency]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back