Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggest me something that can upgrade line following robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatal_error

i want built line following robot..but my lecture say that robot is to simple..so i plan want to add the capibility such as the robot count & display the distance that it move...beside that..can anybody suggest new capibility to my line rollowing robot and discuss about it...tq

can you explain in detail how i can make that function?or give me some reference.....

where i want to display the map??in computer??so the robot transmit data to pc..and pc will draw the map??is it that you mean??how to transmit data...from i can undertand..RF cannot sent much data..

There are many applications developed from linefollowing robots. Redrawing the track lines can be used to in some robot contests. However, an industrial application should be like following:

Do you know the ship board? On the floor of the ship, which is made of steel, metal, is so slippery and hard to walk. Therefore, they have to solder some metal knobs on the floor. The knobs should be soldered alternatively each 20cm - 30cm square. To do so, they dip a long thread into paint, and stretch it from this side to another side of the floor, then flip it. The paint on the thread will draw a straight line on the floor.

With a camera, instead of IR or red light, the robot will track the white paint line to solder the knobs onto board. This kind of robot was built and sold to SAMSUNG shipyard company in Korea.

Building line following robot is the basic step for higher applications, you will learn many things from that. Good luck on your project.

My idea was to just have the controller record the information and then perhaps send it to the PC at the end, or draw it on a graphics LCD. Look around for "Dead Reckoning" on robots.

Ivancho

For dead reckoning, you may read the paper of Johann Borenstein which is on UMBmark.

I rewrite a program call UMBmark Calculator, in which I make it easy to calculate the errors as UMBmark of Borenstein.

**broken link removed****broken link removed**

You may look it here. It's writen in Vietnamese, but you may see the formula and you may understand. But I think for the clear, you may search with keyword UMBmark Borenstein

search the drawbacks of this line following robot ..................
one of them which impressed me is the ambient light .it' isnt able to distinguish the light properly in case of IR emmiter detector package QRB1113 so one way is to place the module approx 0.8-1.1cms from the floor level.
an additional feature that can be implemented is that line follower robot wont work in dark and hence you can use a dark detector ckt which will drive a torch or bulb placed on the obot itself and focussed on the track.what say ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back